I wasn’t even going to post today because I had nothing to talk about other than I need to do laundry, I need conditioner, and I need to remember to email a coworker something. Exciting.
BUT I read Julie’s post about the 10 Day You Challenge and had to join in 🙂
Please feel free to join in and use my photo (link back to me so I can read your answers 🙂 )! And unfortunately, because Julie doesn’t know where this all started, neither do I. If anyone knows who started this all, let me know so I can give proper credit!
10 Secrets (P.S. some of these are going to be lame)
1. I’m fairly certain I had a crush on Kyle (before we were going out) for longer than he thinks.
2. I only ate frozen peas (not cooked) until probably middle school.
Yep. I hated cooked/warm peas, but give me a bowl of frozen peas and I was a happy camper. #weirdo
3. I am very self-conscious.
I’ve gained more confidence with age, but I still have insecurities (body image, intelligence, athleticism, etc.). “Harmless” comments said to me during my formative years made me insecure. But silver lining- this is why I try not to judge others. You never know how hurtful a silly (in your eyes) remark can be.
4. After reading Harry Potter in elementary school, I secretly wished I would turn into a wizard once I reached a certain age.
5. When I was really young, I used to think that if I meowed at my cat and thought certain thoughts, those thoughts would be translated into “cat” and she would understand me.
No wonder I question my intelligence…
6. One of my goals in life is to have a dog bigger than me.
Dream big. But seriously, I want a huge dog cause they’re adorable. Luckily I don’t even weigh enough to donate blood so this shouldn’t be a huge challenge.
7. I love my job and that I get to help people for a living, but I secretly want to be a stay-at-home mom when my kids are young.
Both of my parents work(ed) full-time, so growing up I was always bummed that my friends got to do things with their parents during the week (most of my friends had 1 parent that didn’t work).
8. My right foot is probably about 1/4 inch bigger than my left foot.
9. I found a gray hair in high school and cried about it.
Yep. You’re already insecure enough in high school, a gray hair doesn’t help matters. But I remember my best friend told me that gray hairs are just like freckles- sometimes some people get them, sometimes some people don’t (until they’re old). Nothing you can do about it, and it shouldn’t matter. It made me feel better. Luckily I grew out of being a teenager and realized if that’s my biggest problem, life is pretty good.
10. I knew Kyle was “the one” after probably less than a month of dating.
It helped that we were best buds before dating, but something in me just knew that we would end up together. Everything just felt right. It’s a huge risk when you go from BFF’s to dating. I mean, you could potentially lose a best friend if things don’t work out. But it turned out to be the best risk I ever took.
Tell me a secret!