As many of you know, Wednesday after work, Kyle and I drove down to Irvine to stay with my sister. We went to Disneyland on Thursday and Friday for our 5 year (dating) anniversary (our story)!!
We realized that we are now old and don’t like road trips (takes ~6 hours driving). We agreed, for next time, that we would look for cheap flights…
Here are some things that I learned/reaffirmed on this trip:
1. Pretzels, covered or stuffed with anything, will be delicious. Road trip food.
I have seen many of my blog friends rave about them, but I really only like peanut butter in PB&J or on Triscuits/Wheat Thins…until now.
2. It doesn’t matter how tired I am, I will always act like a kid on Christmas when I go to Disneyland after a brief hiatus.
Yep. We definitely went on Dumbo. The ride every parent hates after the
8463 first time they have to stand in line for 90 minutes for the 30 second ride.
3. There is a difference between the camera lens and the screen. Learn it. Memorize it.
4. Disneyland is not the place to look all cute and win “best dressed.” Wear your running/workout shoes (and clothes if you want) you big dummy.
Your favorite boots that you thought were super comfortable, they are not. At least not when you’re on your feet all day and walking many miles. Disneyland counts as cross training.
5. You will get excited every time you see the princess castle. No matter how many times you see it, and even though you saw the real thing (Neuschwanstein- what the princess castle was modeled after).
6. Food (and everything else) is really expensive at Disneyland. Continue to bring in your own food (and water), and splurge on the important items.
Like this cookie. Supposedly Cinderella’s slipper. Clearly paying for the experience and not accuracy here.
7. Get the special pins from City Hall. They are free. And they make you feel special.
8. You will love this guy. Always.
I’ll have more from our awesome anniversary later. Hope y’all enjoyed my “tips” 😉
Have you ever been to Disneyland/Disneyworld? What’s your favorite ride?
Favorite road trip food?