Your first 400m repeats are like the first day of school.
You’re excited to go start, but a little bit nervous because you want to do well and don’t know what to expect.
Then you get started and you’re like, “Can I be done now? I want to go home.”
So my training schedule says to run these 400m repeats at 5K pace. However, Kyle somehow convinced me that these should be more of a sprint so we decided on 7:00 mile pace (or 1:45 per lap)
I stretched, then did 2 laps of jogging. I did 5 x 400m repeats, with 1 lap of jogging in between each “sprint.” Here’s the results:
And the thoughts that went along with each lap:
- Oh this isn’t so bad, I kind of like it.
- Push it! Can’t run a faster half marathon if you don’t do speed work.
- ^^^ (That’s an up arrow) Shut up you optimistic b*tch!
- OMG this sucks. I HATE this! No one talk to me or I’ll cut you.
- Last one! (Kyle ran this one with me so it actually wasn’t as bad)
I was not meant to run fast. Just sayin.
I’m excited for the day that this pace becomes too easy…if that day EVER comes.
I only have stretching and strength training for today. I’m excited to not have to move quickly.
Happy Monday everyone!
What was your first 400m repeat run like?