Ran/jogged 2 miles. It’s weird only running 2 miles. I felt like I was just warming up and then it was over. <– Something you won’t hear me say on Sunday.
So I know everyone and their mom is writing about October and their love of fall. And I say, why be unique when I can just be a sheep and follow everyone else?
I love October for 5 reasons:
- The start of fall weather (at least where I’m from)
- Halloween, which also leads me to reasons #3 and 4
- A holiday where it is acceptable to eat massive amounts of candy
- Pumpkin carving
- A bunch of awesome holidays are comin’ round the mountain corner
Actually, I could keep going. but I won’t
I was talking to work friends about how we need to start figuring out our costumes soon! #iamfive
We kind of set the bar too high with last year’s costumes, so this year will be a challenge.
Let me know if you have any suggestions for this year!
Another one of my favorite things to do is to go to a pumpkin patch (not a grocery store) and pick out a pumpkin to carve. This always goes like this
1. Look for a symmetrically perfect pumpkin
2. The “perfect” ones are huge
3. I want the huge ones
4. I attempt to lift the huge ones, and then I see the price
5. I settle for the outcast little sibling of the huge one, I attempt to carry the “little” sibling but my hands/arms are too small to get a good grip, and then Kyle carries it for me
And sometimes some of this happens too
And then I get to carve it!!
This is what Kyle and I did in 2009 (he did the cat, I did the skull)
And then what we did in 2012 (he did the Cal logo, I did the owl)
Oh and obviously I always have to bring goodies to bring to work
What are your favorite things about October?
Do you know what you’re going to be for Halloween? Or are you even dressing up?