First, I need to give a shout out to my friend/blogger twin Ashley– she’s getting married today! Congratulations to you and Zach! Wishing you both all the best 🙂
Next, miss Ashley also nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! So sweet of her to recognize this little ole blogger. If you haven’t checked our her blog, you should! She’s adorable and always inspiring me to get my lazy butt up and go work out!
Third thing, I ran 11 miles today. It was horrible. I’ll post a recap later. Anyways…
The rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
3. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
4. Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Since I’m lame a fairly new blogger, I don’t know that I necessarily have 15 bloggers to nominate. I’m pretty sure this award is for newer blogs, but some of these nominations will be for well established blogs. I will do my best though!
- Chocolate Covered Race Medals– I know this is cheating because she nominated me, but it would be wrong to NOT recognize her blog again 🙂 Thanks again twinny
- Ashley Harrell– This is Kyle’s gorgeous sister’s blog. It’s not a fitness blog, but reading about all her adventures and worldly travels allows me to live vicariously through her.
- Posh Meets Pavement– A runner blog but with a splash of fashion! She’s adorable and a runner and always has cute outfits!
- Eat Breathe Run– I recently started following this blog, but she’s inspiring. She likes to eat and run (so we have that in common) AND she raises money for a lung cancer foundation!
- STUFT mama– LOVE this blog! Kristin is super funny, has amazing recipes, and inspires me to run! She has hip dysplasia and tore her hamstrings- but still gets out there and runs (after recovering). I can no longer complain because I am too tired to run.
- Run Eat Repeat– Monica is hilarious and I always look forward to reading her blog. She seems like a down to earth girl, gives great recipes, and is a great runner!
- Skinny Runner– The blog that inspired me to start training for a half marathon! She’s sarcastic and funny and an awesome runner- I pretend we are BFF’s.
I’m going to end with those 7 because I’m lazy 7 is my lucky number.
And now…7 “interesting” facts about myself (we’re using the word interesting loosely here folks):
1. My boyfriend Kyle and I were BFF’s before we started dating. We met in high school, became friends, and then I used hypnosis to convince him to ask me out when we were in college. He’s still under my spell and if he were to wake up, I’m fairly certain he wouldn’t remember the last 4 years and 8 months. 😉
2. I LOVE broccoli. Yeah, you read that correctly. When I was a kid I used to eat broccoli for dessert too. This is why my mom had to pay kids to be friends with me. However, I just sort of like broccoli now. I got food poisoning from some spoiled broccoli a couple years ago and I haven’t been quite as obsessed ever since.
3. I begged my parents for a baby sister when I was younger. My mom told me that they don’t really get to choose if it’s a sister or brother. I didn’t talk to them for the rest of the day. That night, I told her I guess it was okay if I had a brother. But I won and got a sister. I did NOT win when they asked for name suggestions, Rosie Chloe. They went with the far more boring and unimaginative name, Annie. I think she’s happy I lost.
4. I had some sort of orthodonture work (braces, neck gear, etc.) from 5th grade until senior year of high school. #dorkball. Bet you my parents are thankful for insurance.
5. I’ve always had at least 1 pet. When I was a baby, we had a dog and a bunny. After that, we’ve had 2 dogs (we still have 1) and we also currently have 2 cats.
6. Kyle was/is my first boyfriend (and I am his first girlfriend). His lucky number is 19 and a lot of good things have happened around that number/with those digits.
- We were both 19 when we first started dating
- Our first date was on 1/9 and thus our anniversary is 1/9
There are more but I am too tired and can’t think of them…
7. I was only a 3-mile runner up until 2013. I was in a car accident in 2010 and acquired a bulged disc that made it difficult to run.
One of my doctors actually told me that I’m not allowed to run. I became inspired by running blogs and realized that I could run as long as I was careful. And look at me now- ran 11 miles today! Just goes to show you how a change in attitude and hard work can pay off.
Anyone still awake (after reading that)? *crickets*