I have been MIA for the past couple of days because I was in Washington! I got home early this afternoon, and found out that I was nominated for a Liebster Award by my friend/blog twin Ashley of Chocolate Covered Race Medals. I feel so honored and touched that she nominated me because she is a much more experienced blogger than I!
Now, in all honesty, I had no idea what a Liebster Award was. I Googled it and this is what I found:
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
These are the rules, although they vary from what I’ve seen:
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
Now, I didn’t see any specific questions left for me to answer. So I decided to answer the questions given to the blogger who nominated miss Ashley!
1. What’s been your worst haircut/style?
Everything from middle school through high school! I was born with straight hair that slowly became wavy/curly after about 5th grade. Because I had no idea what was going on with my hair, I also had no idea how to style it! I wore it up in a bun for like 7 years until I finally learned how to style it (and also got it partially relaxed).
I used to HATE my hair but I have definitely learned to love it. It’s not easy to manage, but I realized it makes me unique! BTW that stylish hombre effect in the picture above is not due to dye, that my friends is what NOT cutting your hair for 6 months looks like. Good thing it wasn’t a close up…
2. What’s your biggest fear?
Failure and other things that I just realized are forms of failure:
- Death- failing to live
- Letting people down- failing to keep a promise/expectations/etc
- Snakes- failing to escape the slithering bastards. See death.
- Heights- failing to stay close to the ground. See death.
K, I’m kidding on the last 2. They are fears, but I think failure trumps them all.
3. What’s your guilty pleasure?
I used to never really eat desserts. For some reason when Kyle and I started going out, I started to like dessert more and more. Which is weird because he doesn’t have a sweet tooth. Sweet tooth with a sweet boy?
4. If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I hate this question. I get obsessed with a particular food for a bit and then I won’t touch it for like a month. I’ll go with NF Greek yogurt because I can add things to it to change it up. #rulebreaker
5. What celebrity/famous person would you want to be your best friend?
I love to spot celebrities, but I’ve never thought about who I would want to be my BFF! The first person who popped into my head was Emma Stone. I celeb spotted her in NY with Andrew Garfield! She’s always funny in interviews and seems like she would be down to earth.
6. What’s your favorite body part?
My thumbs. Life would be hard without them.
7. What’s one skill you wish you had?
I wish I could sing! It would be fun to sing to the radio without other people wishing they were deaf. You know you’re bad when other people want to voluntarily give up 1 of their 5 senses.
8. If you could have any job, what would it be?
A baker that didn’t have to wake up at 3 AM, worry about money, work on weekends, and could leave work around 3 PM to pick up my kids from school.
9. What’s your favorite book?
Don’t have one because it always changes. #lameanswer
10. Who inspires you?
Honestly every single one of my friends and family members. Each person has a unique talent that inspires me. However, in an attempt to not be super boring, I will list the first 3 that pop into my head- but seriously, EVERYONE in my posse.
- Kyle: Really everything about him inspires me to be a better person. He inspires me to be more patient, have more confidence, that I can’t control everything, and so much more. I’m also thankful that I have his inner voice in my head and he says to never say the word “posse” again.
- Annie: My little sister, who despite having fears, always puts herself out there and tries new things. Have fears but don’t let them stop you!
- Mom: My mom who works full time, takes care of my sick grandparents, cooks, cleans, etc., but still always has time to put her kids first. She inspires me to think of others first.
11. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
The cabin in Truckee we stayed at with my dad’s side of the family- and I’d go with Kyle.
We could spend the day hiking, bike riding, running and doing nothing. I would also like to stay there with the stipulation that time is stopped so that I don’t have to study for the GRE.
I know this location isn’t very far from home and thus a lame “anywhere in the WORLD” answer, but I’m tired and like the idea of not having to travel far.
So I know the rules state a bunch of other things that I am supposed to do, but I have some problems with said rules. I’m a new blogger and don’t really have 11 new bloggers to nominate. There are so many great bloggers out there, I wouldn’t know who to choose yet. I would nominate Ashley but she was already nominated! I think this is something I will do once I become more connected. For now, I will list some blogs that I LOVE to read.
So sad this weekend is over. I’ll post my vacation recap as soon as I get photos from Kyle! Have a great Tuesday start to the week!