Happy Monday everyone! I have been crazy busy lately (work and personal life) and have had no time to post on my blog or even read my favorite blogs. Hopefully this will change this week!
Last week I had some pretty great workouts:
I even got to run with Kyle. For some reason I have lost my motivation to run on weekends. I asked if he wanted to workout together and he suggested a ~3 mile run! I jumped on this opportunity as he hates running. ~3 hilly, sweaty (always sexy when you sweat more than your boyfriend…), awesome miles.
I had some good food:
On Friday, my friend reminded me that it was 7/11 and that 7-11 gives out free slurpees. This is why I only become friends with smart people. Right there.Oh and a pretty freaking awesome (early) house-warming present from my aunt and uncle. My dog could have crapped in my hand and I still would have been happy cause of this present. You know how people say you shouldn’t give appliances as gifts (mainly applies to spousal giftage)? Yeah well clearly these people weren’t given Vitamix’s.
On to some fun stuff! Last week, a couple of my favorite bloggers nominated me for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award.”
Honestly, I feel incredibly honored to be given an award for being “inspiring.” My goal for this blog was to inspire others to live healthy, happy lifestyles, sooo…
Thank and link to the person who nominated you
List the rules and display the award
Share seven facts about yourself
Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated
Optional: display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you
My 7 facts:
- Although I love running now, when I was younger, running the timed mile in PE was seriously one of the worst days of the year for me. I have never been a strong runner, but there’s something great about facing that weakness and working at improving myself.
- I love clothes, but I hate shopping for them and putting together outfits. If I could, I would have a stylist who would dress me every day so I wouldn’t have to think about it. And they would know the most flattering fits, colors, etc.
- In college I took a fitness bootcamp class 5 days/week. I got up before 5AM to make it to the 5:30AM class. It was awesome and I wish I had the funds to take one again. But man I don’t know how I got up that early. every. day.
- I am the oldest cousin (first cousin) in my family. I love it and it can suck all at the same time. I’m a responsible person who likes to take care of people, so the order of birth fit. It’s also great to give advice and hopefully let my cousins learn from my mistakes. That being said, it can suck to be the guinea pig.
- I used to weigh myself a lot. My weight would determine how I felt about myself that day. This was stupid for many reasons, but one of them being that my weight fluctuates a lot (especially morning to night) due to water consumption. Once I finally made that obvious connection (weight to mood), I decided to STOP weighing myself and instead, judge my fitness/health by my level of activity, diet, and lezbe honest, how my clothes fit. Now I weigh myself every couple of months (if that) and I’m much happier :) Remember, weight is just a number and it doesn’t really tell you how healthy you are!
- If I could have my dream job (remember we’re dreaming here), it would be that I was an heiress to billions of dollars and I would spend my time creating and running charities, rescuing and rehabilitating animals, and baking and bringing treats to hospitals, shelters, and soup kitchens. Oh and blog of course ;). K parents, bring on those billions!
- One of my biggest pet peeves is when people complain a lot and blame the world/others for their problems. I’m all about listening to friends’ problems and helping them out (or just letting them vent), but if you’re all talk and no action, you need to shushhhhh. I’m sorry, but if you’re complaining about something you CAN change- you need to go away and come back to me when you’re done.
My nominations (I tried not overlap too much with these girls):
How was your weekend?
Anyone else get a free Slurpee?
Tell me something random about yourself.
Does it bug you when people complain about things over and over and over again?